Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bookworm Genes

I like to follow what Daddy & Mommy are doing.

If they're busy doing something on their computers, I'll be bugging Daddy to take out my computer for me. If Mommy's doing laundry, I'll insist on helping her. Mommy says I'm her little helper and I've become quite good at putting the pegs onto the damp clothes.
Just the other day, I helped Mommy to carry some of the shoes boxes to the shoe case and I helped Daddy to re-arrange all the books in the bookshelf. See, I'm not just into mischief and getting into trouble all the time - I can help out when I want to. If I want to, that is....

Both Daddy & Mommy love to read, but their books are "ALL WORDS ONLY" which I think is rather boring. Here's a video Mommy took of me reading an "ALL WORDS ONLY" book.


Daddy has alloted two portions in the bookshelf for my books - he says that I can see the books that I have and take them out whenever I want to read them. The other day Daddy took out my Disney encyclopedia for me to read, and it's my current favorite. It has pictures and words. This is what Daddy taught me.

Daddy: "The baby of a dog is called a ...."

Bryan: "Puppy"

Daddy: "A cat's baby is called a ...."

Bryan: "Kitten"

Daddy: "A horse's baby is a ...."

Bryan: "Foal"

Daddy: "A bear's baby is called a ..."

Bryan: "Cub"

Daddy: "A lion's baby is called a ...."

Bryan: "Cub. Same same baby bear"

Daddy: "The baby of a pig is called a ...."

Bryan: "Piglet"

Daddy: "The baby of a squirrel is called a ....."

Bryan: (Silence)

Daddy: "An in....."

Bryan: "In ....fant"

Daddy: "The baby of a porcupine is called a ..."

Bryan: "PET"

Daddy: "No, a porcupette"

Bryan: "PORCUPETTE"

Har! I'm sure you didn't know the porcupine's baby name, now did you?!

1 comment:

  1. Bryan, you seem to be enjoying and understanding the books with ALL WORDS ONLY.Clever boy.

    Talking abt porcupine; this morning; on the roadside; LLMM saw a cadavre. At first I thought a car had uan over one of Jean Pierre's beloved cats, and I quickly ran to see what it was. Thank God it was a porcupine instead. But then LLMM thought; poor poor porcupine; it had no chance at all to save itself. I just hoped that its spikes punctured the car tires of that irresponsible driver ....

    ReplyDelete