Friday, October 16, 2009

A petit Picasso in the making??

I can hold pens, pencils, crayons like a big boy now. I used to grasp it in my hand (mommy calls it "gobb" Don't gobb, she will scold) and hated it when they tried to change the way I was holding the pens etc. I would refuse to continue drawing and ask them to draw instead!

The other day while Daddy was watching TV and I was seated beside him with my drawing board, Daddy glanced at my drawing then asked Mommy to hurry with the camera. This is what I told Daddy of my drawing.


(from right to left) "This is Bryan, this is Mommy, this is Daddy"

When Daddy asked "who's that?" (pointing to the far left "thing"), I just smiled
My mai-mais will say that it's a Mei-mei or Ti-ti but to me, brown doggy is equally important and a part of our family.....
(Mommy: Noticed how fierce the Mommy looked while the Daddy had a big jovial grin on his face....)

At Yi Po's house, my drawing table is covered with mahjong paper, so Yi Po or Po Po will change the used mahjong paper to a new one whenever I want to draw something with my crayons. Here I've drawn buses with people on it and the lines are curtains for the buses, in case it gets too hot. I'm into details, you see.


Mommy: Afraid some made-up words have stuck in his vocab like "gobb".
The other word would be "ahbook" for the round black thing i.e. bath stopper, sink stopper..
Don't remember how "gobb" started but for "ahbook" this is what happened.
We were staying in a hotel (can't remember which hotel) and the room came with shower only. The little one was terrified of bathing under the shower, so distracted him by tossing the only thing available at that time i.e. "ahbook" to see how and where it landed. He was laughing and laughing, and forgot that he was taking bath under the shower. Must have been quite young that time, and I had totally forgotten about"ahbook" until the other day, when he was brushing teeth, he saw the black stopper on the sink and said "See Mommy ...ahbook".
Now have to think how to take away "gobb" and "ahbook" from his vocab...sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment