Wednesday, July 22, 2009

RE: Expensive monthly hair cut

Before I turned 2, Aunty Liza (hairstylist) at Great Eastern Mall will charge me RM20 for my hair cut but for the past few times (since I don't look 2 anymore) it's RM 25. Kung Kung says he can have 3 haircuts for the same price in Seremban, and Har Dey 2 haircuts at his regular hair salon. But both Mommy and Daddy say it's worth the money coz' it's not easy to manage a squirming and protesting toddler, much less get a decent haircut. I used to bawl my head off and refuse to wear the "cape" which actually makes things worse coz' the cut hair will fall onto and into my T-shirt, my pants and all over me. At one time, Mommy replaced the "cape" with a cloth diaper or a bath towel to minimize my discomfort. And the hair salon comes with a VCD player and kiddy rides so Mommy will bring my favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse disc to distract me from the noise and the clip clip clip from the many scissors Aunty Liza has in her little black bag slung across her waist. During my last hair cut, Mommy and Daddy were very proud of me coz' I didn't even squeak a word of protest. They say "yappari seicho shita ne" (which means he has grown up) and Aunty Liza and kakak praised me for being such a good boy.

Look how well I behaved I was during my hair cut. Mind you, it took quite a looooooong time.








Mommy: We tried to bring him to other places like QuikCut which charge fixed price of RM12 (or was it RM15??), and these salons are equipped with kiddy rides etc., but Bryan refused to step inside, much less have a hair cut. Oh well, looks like we're stuck with Aunty Liza at Great Eastern Mall for some time... hope she doesn't leave the hair salon soon though...

No comments:

Post a Comment