Monday, April 6, 2009

School days are here to stay!

Since I started playschool on January 5th, Mommy has been tracking my playschool attendance and see how well I've adjusted and dealt with the separation anxiety during my 3 hours there.

My playschool principal was telling Mommy & Daddy that there was one kid who cried for almost 9 months when the parents drop him at playschool. So Mommy writes down in her calendar whether I "cry" "cry a little" "didn't cry" every day when I attend playschool. Mommy was telling Daddy, Yi Po (grandaunt) and Po Po (grandmother) that I seem to fall sick every once a month. When I'm sick, I don't have to go to school. That's when I go straight to Yi Po's house directly from home. I love going to Yi Po's house - Yi Po and Po Po will bring me to have breakfast (and sometimes I get treats from the aunty selling bread, biscuits etc.) and we'll go and buy vegetables and meat from the vegetable aunty. I have lots of toys and things to do at Yi Po's house, and Yi Po and Po Po never scold me. Mommy say they overindulge me.

Mommy said once I've recovered from my mild flu, she will start me on Scotts Emulsion (the orange flavored one - not the plain one which is yuckky!) to boost my immune system. But she said I have to drink lots and lots of water to avoid from being too "heaty" if I start taking Scotts Emulsion. Doctor Patrick, my paediatrician says there is no such thing as "heaty" - you see, he's very Westernized in his treatment and diagnosis. Dehydration yes, heaty no.

Can you see my progress in school? I think I've improved a lot since my first weeks, don't you think so?


Oh, this is me in my school uniform.
On Mondays, I get to wear the orange and white T-shirt (which I like very much but it's only for one day though...). And the blue uniform (which comes with buttons - and I don't like buttons) from Tuesdays to Fridays. Daddy and Mommy say they are "clasps" but to me, they still look like buttons. I think they are pulling a quick one on me, but I try to be adorable in their eyes and repeat "clasps".

Every Saturday or Sunday, my Daddy will get a report via his Blackberry from the school principal on my development at school for that particular week. Mommy will get the report later as it will be sent to her office e-mail, and she gets to check her e-mails only on Mondays. Yi Po and Po Po will only get to read the report once Mommy has it printed out. And sometimes Mommy forgets to do so, and Yi Po and Po Po will only get to read the report much later. But I can do no wrong in the eyes of my Yi Po, Po Po and Kung Kung (my grandfather).
SCHOOL REPORTS
5 to 9 Jan'09: No report as this is orientation week. I'm happy playing with the slides, the toys and the teachers say I'm very independent because I hug and kiss and say bye-bye to Mommy when she leaves me there in the mornings.

12 to 16 Jan'09
Even though Bryan cries at school, he still participates in the activities. Give him some time and he will be fine. That's because everyone at school is a stranger to me, and they don't understand what I want. And 3 hours for a little boy like me is a very LOOONG time. Wanna go home. Wanna go Yi Po's house.
19 to 23 Jan'09
Bryan's adjusting very well at school. He participates in the school activities. He recognizes colors and numbers up to 5. As for alphabets, he mentions the alphabets and not by sound.

Please take note that our school will resume as normal on 3rd Feb'09. Chinese New Year party will be on 6th Feb'09. Kindly let your child wear Chinese New Year costume instead of school uniform. Gong Xi Fa Cai & Happy Holidays. Mommy allowed me to take brown doggy to school... he's my bestest bestest friend. Mommy says brown doggy has to take more baths nowadays since he's going to school. Yi Po and Po Po said I know all the numbers from 1 to 10, and all the alphabets (at least the capital ones) from A to Z. They didn't say anything about me not knowing phonics though. Mommy said phonics is a new concept and wasn't taught even during her time. It seems that if I know my phonics, I can read a word by pronouncing the letters without recognizing the word itself. Then from a word to a whole sentence. And very soon I can read a story all by myself. Isn't that cool?!

3 to 6 Feb'09
Bryan is able to recognize 1 to 10, phonics a,b,c,d,e and he participates in all the activities. Well done. At the moment, we will potty train him. Feel so strange and bare without my beloved diapers.
9 to 13 Feb'09
Bryan's concentration is short but he likes to learn. He's still quite rough with children at times. He seems to know his mistake as when he does it, he will say sorry immediately.
Har! Did you know that I was put on naughty chair even though I said sorry to my friend, Eugenie? Aunty Shirley (school principal) said Eugenie was also at fault for playing rough, so both of us sat on our naughty chairs and did our coloring.
16 to 20 Feb'09
Bryan has not been well this whole week. Therefore he is quite cranky at times during class activities. Down with flu again.... Accchoooo! Mommy said I must cover my mouth with my hand when I cough or sneeze.
23 to 27 Feb'09
Bryan's very moody lately. Nevertheless he still participates in the activities. We believe maybe because of the potty training. Wanna wear diapers. The other day, Mommy said to Yi Po, Po Po and Daddy that potty training is my biggest challenge and biggest achievement. She said I'm very stubborn coz' when she says "Babies wear..." I will say, "Underwear". Then she'll say, "No, babies wear diapers, and big boys wear..." I will finish the sentence "Diapers!!"

I'm quite good at saying, "Daddy wear underwear, Mommy wear underwear, Bryan wear DIAPERS! Bryan wanna wear DIAPERS!"




This is me on my potty at home. I have a similar potty at Yi Po's house.
Don't like potty....

2 to 6 March'09
Bryan joined in all the activities even though at times he's quite cranky. He is able to arrange the alphabets (a to f) in order during our magnetic alphabets activities. Well done.

Worksheet completed - colour picture with one object, trace and colour number 2, trace and color alphabet g. Yi Po and Po Po says I know all the alphabets from a to z, much earlier before I started school.

9 to 13 March'09
Bryan has slightly improved on his fine motor skill. He is able to control his strokes. Bryan is able to count solids by himself without assistance 1 to 20. Well done.
Our school holiday starts from 16 to 20 March. Happy Holidays and see you at school on 23 March. YIPPEEEE! No school. School close. Nobody at school. Hurray!



23 to 27 March'09
No report. Aunty Shirley seems busy nowadays. When they picked me up, both Yi Po & Mommy said didn't see Aunty Shirley for the entire week.

30 March to 3 April'09
Bryan starts crying at around 10:30 to 11:00 am for his mommy. Don't worry, he will get his comfort when we give him milk and wear his diapers for him and make him busy. He has shown some improvement on his attitude. Me? Adorable me with an attitude problem?! Aunty Shirley told Mommy that sometimes I will wee-wee in the potty at school but sometimes I will hold back. She said I will say "No water come out" or "Finished!" or "No more". She thinks l cry because I feel like wee-weeing and wants to wear my diapers to wee-wee in it. She said I will cry sometimes if I accidentally leak and wet my pants coz' I love to be clean. Loves my diapers coz' it won't leak and I feel dry all the time. Mommy says I have a long road ahead ......

No comments:

Post a Comment