Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kung Kung's birthday!

Last Saturday, we celebrated Kung Kung's birthday.

Kung Kung turned 66 years old but according to Mommy's friend, who sometimes sees Kung Kung waiting in the car outside my playschool, he looks younger than his age! Must remind Mommy to tell Kung Kung about this - he will be very pleased!

On the way to the Chinese restaurant, we dropped by Great Eastern Mall and got a small cake from Strudels for Kung Kung. Mommy asked the girl for 6 big candles and 6 small candles, but only realised the girl had packed 1 big candle and 6 small candles when we were nearing the Chinese restaurant. Silly Mommy.

Usually we will go to Noble House for the birthday celebrations of Kung Kung, Yi Po and Po Po, but this time Mommy suggested that we should try some other Chinese fine dining restaurant instead. Mommy made reservations at Flower Drum Fine Dining Cuisine and Royal China Restaurant (both under Tai Thong group) but decided on Flower Drum since she didn't get the faxed menu from Royal China Restaurant. Plus she said the lady who picked up the phone and made the reservation wasn't very nice...... Oh, in case you didn't know, my family is crazy about karaoke singing. Yi Po said maybe due to the economy slowdown and "ching ming" season, we were very lucky to get a nice big private room (with bathroom attached) coz' some places like Ah Yat Abalone Forum Restaurant will only allocate private room if our menu is over RM1K. Which is a lot of money. Hmmm...I wonder if they know that RM1K can buy three big sets of Lego-Duplo.
This is our dinner menu - we had ordered Set C for 6 pax.




And some photos of the yummy dishes - my favorite was the first dish (egg white cooked with crab meat)! Sam Yi Po (3rd grandaunt) said she will try that out during her next trip to KL.







There are no photos of the fish dish, the prawn dish and noodles dish. I guess Daddy must have been busy at the karaoke machine helping Sam Yi Po to choose the Chinese songs when those dishes were served.


Here's me playing with my magnetic board toy which Mommy allows me to bring for long dinners.



Oh, can you see the Earth Day band on my right hand? Daddy gave that to me. It's really cool. It will glow and turn green when I'm in dark places.... Of course, I will make sure either Daddy or Mommy is with me.

Everyone had a great time that night including me. Mommy said that's because I had a long nap in the afternoon and was in a fine mood. They all laughed when I told them "BRYAN WANNA SING" and took the mike.



This is me with Kung Kung.



Kung Kung loves me very much. When I was smaller, he used to carry me for walks to the swimming pool. On days when I'm not having my afternoon nap, he will take me for walks to Jalan Alor and we will share a bowl of ice kacang. He will have a piece of chocolate in his shirt pocket just for me. Mommy told me that Kung Kung is very proud of me and my accomplishments. This is what my Kung Kung wrote about me.
BRYAN'S GEMS AT 2 TO 2 1/2 YEARS OLD
1. Gordon (a.k.a Daddy): Bryan, don't play with Po Po's glasses.
Bryan: Spectacles.
2. Po Po: Use the gum to paste the pictures.
Bryan: Glue.
3. Kung Kung: Bryan, another word for wee-wee is "urinate".
Bryan: Shoo-shoo.
4. It was raining when Pauline (a.k.a Mommy) sent Bryan to nursery/school. As they entered the building, Bryan announced to those present, "It's raining, it's pouring".
5. Po Po was flipping through the picture cards and absent-mindedly said, "This is a zebra". Bryan interjected "Giraffe". Bryan was right.
6. Yi Po: Kung Kung is going to Seremban to play .....
Bryan: Mahjong.
7. As I was handling over the 4-ekor slips to Po Po, Bryan remarked, "Go (to) auntie, give money, buy numbers".

No comments:

Post a Comment