Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Daddy and Me

Like many babies, I called my Daddy first before Mommy.
Why is that, I wonder??

But it was "Zizzy" for some time before it turned DADDY one day.
Daddy and Mommy used to tease me saying there is something wrong with my ears, "mimi ga warui ne". Hrrmph!

My Daddy's colleagues say I look like Mommy, and my Mommy's colleagues say I'm the exact imprint of my Daddy. Hmmm... But all agree that I take after Daddy in size. Mommy hopes that I'll have Daddy's perfect eyesight. And hopes that I'll have the athletic genes too. Daddy used to represent his school in the hurdle race. I think 400m. Or was it the 200m?? Mommy used to dread Sports Day coz' she would end up tailing the rest of her friends, being the last or the second last each time during the 100m race. Mommy's side of the family are rather a bunch of bookworms, you see.

This is Mommy's favorite photo of me and my Daddy. See how tall my Daddy is?

Mommy likes this photo because she says we seem to be oblivious to others, sharing a secret destination only known to Father and Son. That's what she derived from that moment in the photo - but actually I was thinking "Gosh, so many steps more. My legs are killing me!!"
When I'm being carried by my Daddy, it gives me a different perspective. I'm so used to looking up at people that sometimes I get a crick in the neck. It's nice to be able to look down once in a while.

My Daddy is my playmate. At home, we play hide and seek, we draw together - actually Daddy draws while I ask him to draw this and that, we play blown out bubbles together.... sometimes Daddy will piggy back me from the living room to the bedroom, then back to the living room again. He'll be complaining about my weight though.... I'm a 16.4Kg load now.

Unlike my Mommy who can only draw 2D pictures, my Daddy is very artistic.
He used to score the highest points for Arts in school. My Daddy is also very creative. Look at the three different farm houses he built for me with my Big Farmhouse Lego Duplo. I did help out positioning some of the farm animals though.





Only time will tell if I'll have Daddy's perfect eyesight, Daddy's height, Daddy's athletic, creative and artistic genes ..... until then, we can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment